Thursday, March 19, 2009

i remember the first time

Let's travel back in time.

Can you remember the first night or day you met your partner? Remember the first smile you gave? Remember the first time you looked into your darling's eyes?

I can.

I was excited and nervous at the same time. Too excited but in a rush. Caught in traffic.

Mind you, I do not have the best memory in the world but I can remember the ones that make me smile and say, "This is life...so beautiful!"

I had to travel for 4 hours just to reach the airport. When I reached Manila, I still had to shower at my sister's apartment. After that, I still had to travel another hour to the airport. I was in the bus when...BANG! The bus halted suddenly. My hand that was holding onto the rail bumped onto one of my eyes and my contact lens fell off from my eye. Yes it did. Well, I tried to get it back on. It was so difficult as it had dried up easily coz of the wind. And it's uncomfortable already and would not stick in my eye so I put it in my hanky and kept it in my pocket. When I unloaded the bus, I went to a restroom at the airport. I tried to wash it with water so it will get wet. It didn't cooperate with me. Silly lens. hehehe! I do not have the perfect vision. I could not see clearly anymore but good thing I still had one lens in my eye that made me able to see when "my prince charming" arrived. The waiting area is a few meters away from the fetching area.



Yes I was so nervous but excited! I could not stop moving and I had friends sending me text messages and my hands were shaking as I texted. I was on the lookout. I was standing on the rails the whole time when I could be sitting and relaxing. It was uncomfortable for me to sit. I was that excited! hehehe! I had my eye (with the lens) on the foreigners coming. I was thinking that maybe he looks a bit different from the webcam. I kept staring at foreigners. And kept saying no. He was late as scheduled. That's because he was transferred to a different state before flying here. He told me that he was gonna wear a white shirt. Others wore white shirt, too. So I had to focus on the one lens. Yep! Pretty difficult! hehehe!

After a few hours of waiting at the airport, a man in a white shirt was coming down from inside the airport and was talking to a Filipino guy with him. I spotted him. No doubts. I knew it was him. And I walked fast to where he was as I was saying to myself, "Yes that's him, I'm sure! He's so handsome!" He didn't know where I was because there were so many people at that time. The Filipino guy who helped him saw me approaching and said, "There she is!" Cody looked at me and hugged me. Oh his arms were so strong! And his eyes...were so beautiful!

And he is all mine.

So many people say that I have such a weak memory but you know what? I remember the first time I met my soulmate.

My beautiful blessing from GOD

ALL THE GLORY IN THIS RELATIONSHIP BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU - NO MATTER WHAT!

Make an impact. Make a difference. Make a ripple. Tip the scale. Be a blessing.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

3 comments:

Emily Rose Massey said...

Your story is oh so beautiful! Tears filled my eyes and I smiled so big...what a great story to tell! :)

Karen said...

Such a sweet story....thanks for sharing from your heart!

~hon~ said...

Emily and ktwalden, thank you so much! ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!

It's something that I always picture in my mind everyday.