Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Covenant of Commitment

Before reading this, you must commit into reading the whole article I've written because every word is important. At least for me. hehehe!

I'm committed to making things work...not only that, I'm committed to LOVE and FAITHFULNESS!!!

Proverbs 3:3
Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

I'm committed to GOD. My only KEY that I wouldn't allow anyone to take away from me in making my relationship with Cody work is GOD. Honestly, I can have all the positive qualities in the world just to make things work but then, all else will fail but GOD will never ever fail.

I've seen the importance of the spiritual aspect in my life. All of my relationships in the past weren't grounded on GOD. All of them failed. One of the most intense topics and very delicate, if I may say so, is the spiritual subject. Cody and I have strong personalities and strong, deep convictions and the spiritual aspect has always been a huge issue for us. So one thing that we made sure is to communicate about it and respect each other's views and convictions. I have imprinted in my mind that Cody is not my enemy. That would make things a LOT easier for couples. Some people would easily get upset when their partner has done something that have made them upset and they would act like their partner is the enemy. Well, in fact, we must look deeper. The battle is not just the physical, it is MORE ON THE SPIRITUAL. In order to know more about the spiritual is to have an intimate relationship with GOD first. I do not want to make it a routine, a habit or even a law to abide. I desire a personal and very intimate relationship with GOD because I know that WITH HIM, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

I say these things because I experience and learn them on my own.

So anyway, some messages that Cody sent me days ago have really touched my heart...

i've absolutely opened my mind to the things you share with me. and then i can turn to the Scriptures, to GOD's Word for further study and verification. it would be no different than what i would do if i'm in the same situation with someone i worship with here, or something i get from Bill (their preacher). i don't prescribe to a certain set of beliefs from people around me, say, in a worship setting. so i do always open my mind to what you share with me.

yours is the face i think of. nothing else comes to mind. it's like there's always an image imprinted in my mind.

This is his covenant of commitment to me. One thing I've noticed about Cody is that he is always ready to work things out. He is always open and willing to communicate. I've been inspired by this attitude to strive it more each day instead of manipulating him or taking advantage of his positive qualities or even worse, take him for granted. None of those negative things shall I do to him. One important thing I've learned is that if I desire change, I myself must change. I must be a model. I must not practice hypocrisy if I wanted to be treated right and fairly.

I must admit that having a relationship is not easy. I speak like things are so easy but that's not the case. I have personal struggles that affects my relationship with Cody. But you know what happens if you have an intimate relationship with GOD? You feel so different. I've never felt this before with my past relationships. I've never felt so much joy, peace and love with GOD. GOD IS MY STRENGTH!

I'd like to share this email devotional I received today...

LOVING ACTIONS

Finding Treasures in Trials...

"Almost every trial increases our love for others. So even if we don't see any other good, we know of at least one--more love."

- From "It Takes Two to Tango" by Gary and Norma Smalley
All excerpts from "It Takes Two to Tango" are copyright 1997 Gary and Norma Smalley, and are used with permission.
Find more relationship resources at http://www.smalleyonline.com

More love...My friend, MORE LOVE!

I am a product of a SUPER tested marriage. You have no idea what my mom is going through right now and all the things she has gone through. She also wanted to get away from it all but she loves my dad and she loves GOD above all.

I'll encourage my mom to make a book about her life so that she'll also be a huge encouragement for others especially women. Imagine your husband forgetting your name and that you're his wife just because of amnesia. That really hurts for my mom. I've seen her face flush with so much pain and it seeps into me but I stay strong for my mom. Two nights ago, my dad didn't want my mom beside him so she slept beside me in my bed and she cried her heart out. I just let her cry and gave her tissues (an encouragement to cry some more hehehe jk). GOD IS GREAT! HE MAKES ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL IN HIS TIME!

More to know at my other blog "GOD is our First Love." I'm not advertising my other blog. hehehe! Although, some points should go there. So off we go to the other blog. hehehe!

Oooops...I almost forgot! I need to testify one thing. I've asked my parents about my future wedding. I have both of their approval and blessings. GOD IS SO GREAT! I've been so pressured about telling them this before. I'm quite comfortable now. They have made me comfortable. Now, Cody, it's your time to shine. hehehe! Cody, it's your time to ask for permission. hehehe! Everything is falling into place under GOD's Perfect Will and Perfect Timing. I'm also taking care of something that will add up to the blessings. I pray that it works out. ALL MY FAITH IN GOD! I'M PUTTING IT ALL ON THE LINE NOW! ALL MY FAITH! IT'S ALL GOD!

If you are so confused right now, I pray that you will go to the ONE who will make you see the LIGHT. I also pray for your complete transformation and that you will come to your turning point. The path that leads to GOD.

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: