Friday, July 10, 2009

LOVE that Goes the Distance


literally...hehehe!

You are unique. There is no one who is exactly like you. You may have similar qualities with others but not entirely. Same with your partner. Your partner is different from you. That should be a great thing. Why? Because if everything is similar, then it will get boring and complacent. Everything will be a routine. You just stay in one level of your life and you will never grow out of it because you're comfortable and complacent there. Trials and differences are the spices in a relationship.

Okay let me give you an illustration...You're craving for a hot chicken noodle soup in a very cold winter day. As you were sipping, it's just hot water you can taste. No salt, no pepper. No spices. Nothing to tickle your senses and give you so much delight. Same goes with marriage. No trials, no growth.

Women are cravers of a certain food. I am a craver. I usually crave for a certain food I want. It happens once a week. (Okay I rambled hehehe)

Whenever Cody and I experience complications, I always think why we have a long distance relationship. Why do we have to be distant when others could always be with the person they love every time they desire? (Feel blessed that the person you love is with you right now.)

My nature was being immature, impatient, stubborn and not gentle. When GOD won me back, I've desired to change that nature. I desire to be selfless and to glorify GOD. No rules attached. After a year of being with Cody, I still felt envious of other people even though I know that we have a beautiful blessing bestowed upon us.

It all changed.

I almost gave up. I was in the brinks of falling apart. GOD caught me in time and brought the pieces together. In HIS Perfect Timing. HE changed selfishness into LOVE. Pure, selfless and true LOVE. I can't even begin to explain it. It's indescribably amazing!

I could feel the JOY and PEACE overflowing in my heart. Just rushing in me. I could feel the grace of GOD that is wrapped around me. I could feel unconditional LOVE. Once again, HE revealed my rhema verses about LOVE. And this time, it turned me around - into a totally different person. I have never loved like this before. Now I can honestly say that with all of me. HE changed envy with satisfaction. HE changed selfishness with selflessness. HE changed anger with forgiveness. HE changed misery with joy. HE gave me the ABUNDANT LIFE that HE promised us. I just woke up one day and began to feel HIS perfect love. I sang a song in my heart. I desire to live 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 and 1 Corinthians 14:1. I will let love be my guide.

So I asked myself again. Why this distance? I heard HIM whisper to my heart that if I cannot be mature, patient, unstubborn and gentle when we're distant then I cannot be when we're together. The things we practice before marriage and the things that we will bring into marriage. It is a matter of choice. Now I know HIS great purpose for this distance. I am growing to be the person that HE wants me to be and I could never be this happy and contented. I can be the richest person in the world with regards to money but happiness cannot be bought. There is that void in us that only GOD can fill. It is a matter of choice. Free will was given to you by our Precious FATHER.

GOD has opened a door that has never been opened by anyone before and that is the door called "GROWTH" and all the glory belongs to GOD alone.

I am super thankful that GOD gave me a man who desires to complete his commitment and to never give up on me. The man who never stopped loving me.

We all have one GOD. We have the same GOD. When trials come, the question is not HIS existence in our life (because HE is always present) but how tight we hold onto HIM. GOD is holding onto you right now. Ever so tightly. And HE never let go. Are you holding onto HIM, too?

ALL THE GLORY IN MY LIFE AND IN THIS RELATIONSHIP BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD!!!


P.U.S.H.


When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: