Thursday, August 21, 2008

Love is Selfless


1 Corinthians 13:4-8
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails..."

One of my most favorite verses that's why it's all over my 2 blogs and some of my posts. hehehe! This verse simply says that love is selfless.

At first, it was difficult to believe that true love still exists. But when GOD started to move in my life mightily, I never doubted anymore that He can provide me the most perfect man ever.

Last night, I have read one of my friend's profiles in Friendster. Just dinking around. Trying to see what's new with my friends without being in Friendster. hahaha! Ok honey, relax. hahaha! Well, so I've read the part wherein it says 'who i want to meet', my friend answered, 'loving, caring, faithful and so on (good qualities)' then she said if that guy still exists. I suddenly told myself as I was thinking of my Cody, "that guy still exists but he's already mine" hahaha!

I've met a lot of Christian men but only a few (very few) have good character but I must say, my Cody has it all! I mean, it is so hard for me to think of negative qualities about him. Not even one. Honest! hehehe! I believe that GOD gave me the best. When I try to ponder about it, those men in my past can't compare to Cody because he's simply incomparable. A beautiful person. An amazing creation. GOD did an awesome masterpiece. Really.

Philippians 2:3
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."

When it comes to selflessness, I am so speechless but then I would blog it out so I'm not considered speaking. hahaha! jk Cody is selfless. He always, I mean always, thinks of my happiness. He is never happy when I'm upset. He never stops pursuing me if I'm sad. I get sad and upset because of me. hahaha! He believes that my happiness is his happiness. He is not just saying it. It really shows. One more thing that really hit me. He told me that he is willing to endure a lame job just to see me because he knows I'll be very happy to see him and to be my birthday gift. hehehe! I see his sacrifices for me and it is not everyday that you will have the chance to meet that perfect someone so if you do, don't let that person go! But, of course, GOD will make a way! HE always does in HIS perfect time. That's the main reason why I have what I have now and I am who I am now. GOD is so gracious, good and faithful. By GOD's amazing grace and love, HE gave me a partner. A partner whom I will never exchange for anything or anyone else in this world.

My Cody, thank you for sharing with me your life selflessly. I really appreciate you. Your existence in my life can never be replaced by any other man. You are the one GOD has intended for me. I will be forever grateful for the gift of you. Til eternity. I desire to spend my whole life with you. A life on earth and a life in heaven. It is so good to know that you will be with me in Paradise. Paradise with our amazing FATHER!

FATHER in Heaven, YOU are our LOVE and our PORTION! YOU have us forever until we see YOU face to face. WE LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH MORE THAN ANYTHING AND ANYONE ELSE IN THIS WORLD! Always reign in our relationship, our dear LORD!

To my readers, may you all have relationships that glorify GOD alone. Be blessed. Let this be your prayer...

Psalm 119:35-37
35 Direct me in the path of Your commands,
for there I find delight.

36 Turn my heart toward Your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.

37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to Your word.


GOD BE WITH YOU!

ALL THE GLORY IN THIS RELATIONSHIP BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

No comments: