Friday, April 24, 2009

GOD is preparing me


Proverbs 16:1
To man belong the plans of the heart,
but from the LORD comes the reply of the tongue.

I have a friend who never had a boyfriend. She's 24 now. She is wondering when will she get married and why she doesn't have a boyfriend until now. I believe GOD is preparing her for the best.

Just like what GOD did to my life.

I've had plenty of boyfriends. Sometimes, I wish I waited for Cody so he could be my first boyfriend. I could not linger on the negative and wish for the past to change. What I can be grateful now is that Cody is my first love and my last (earthly, that is).

I've learned a lot from my past. I've been mistreated and I've mistreated others, too. I've been a rebel. I've talked trash. I've disrespected others. I've shown hate and anger to others. I've been an emotional wreck. When GOD found me and transformed me completely, beautiful changes started flowing in my life. I've learned what TRUE LOVE means.

I've learned who GOD is in my life. GOD is my top priority. My number One. My First LOVE.

That is when GOD started to change everything. Every situation. Most of all, GOD changed me. An overall makeover.

Then came Cody.

When Cody came to my life...oh rather...when I came to Cody's life (hehehe), I've learned more about love. I've learned how to be selfless. I've learned to share myself and GOD to others.

Now, I am on my journey to marriage. I am desiring for our wedding this year because I love Cody. My desire keeps growing stronger each day. In more than one year of love and friendship, we've only been together for 2 weeks.

With regards to my recent post before this, I have shared some favors and revelations from GOD. GOD's preparations for me.

I have read a Christian magazine about being financially ready before a wedding. That was a revelation to me.

Luke 14:28
Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it?

I know GOD is instilling patience in me. Learning how to wait for HIS Perfect Timing can be a real challenge but its reward is worth waiting for.

I was wondering and desiring for someone to help me out with the planning and coordinating of my wedding. A friend who could really devote some time. A friend who is really interested to help and has the resources to do so. A friend who would volunteer, not someone I've delegated. A volunteer is never forced to do something. I'm still praying for more revelations to my questions. Silently asked so I would know when the answer comes, I'd be sure it's from GOD.

Earlier, I was exchanging text messages with my female bestfriend, Magdalane. She has been my bestfriend for more than 10 years now. Before, I don't want to expose my plan of getting married but since I need to act on my faith, I need to lay some information in the open. I'm still waiting for very important revelations from GOD. But I shared with her that I will get married soon. I am patiently waiting for GOD's Perfect Will, Perfect Timing and Perfect Revelations. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Magdalane volunteered to be my wedding coordinator. She would plan everything and coordinate with people who will take care of my wedding. Everything. All she needs from me is the financial budget, of course. hehehe! I don't need to pay her services because she wanted it to be her wedding gift for me and she wants to give me a surprise on my wedding. So neat! I trust her because I know very well her tastes with things. A wedding coordinator here costs about $900-$1200 just for labor/services. Well, that's what I've been informed. GOD IS SO GREAT!!!

Patience has its own great rewards. Unbelievable but indescribably amazing rewards.

GOD will provide. GOD has been dealing with me about patience with regards to finances and the wedding. Surely, I am learning a lot.

I'd like to be financially stable and ready before my wedding. I know GOD will make a way.

I am going to continue planning and acting on my faith but I will listen and wait for GOD's revelations and responses. Then I will obey.

GOD is preparing me. GOD is preparing my way.

I thank GOD for everything!!! Praise HIS Name for HIS Greatness!!!

ALL THE GLORY IN THIS RELATIONSHIP BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

P.U.S.H.

Faith is believing always. Faith is from GOD.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW!

1 comment:

Emily Rose Massey said...

I hope you are having a good time planning your wedding! It really can be a lot of fun!!! I found my dress last week...it felt soooo good to get that off of my list of things to do! I would love for you to come to my wedding. I wonder how far away you live? :)