Monday, September 7, 2009

Strengthen Your Marriage Through Selflessness

This is a post for the married and the ones yet to marry.

I have been reading a very insightful book entitled "Spirit-Controlled Temperament" by Tim LaHaye. I'd like to share some lines from this wonderful book. I highly encourage you to get a copy (not for advertisement but as a great help for the growth in your life).

"Nothing is more destructive to a marriage than selfishness."

"Anyone considering marriage should carefully examine the prospective partner's treatment of others, especially family members, for consideration of other people becomes a significant indication of future marital harmony."

"Partnerships of all kinds can suffer from selfishness. Two people start out a business as equal partners and selfishness creeps in, turning best friends into worst enemies. They may blame their conflicts on "personality differences" or "philosophical differences," but the bottom-line problem is selfishness."

I just LOVE reading books that correct my mistakes and soften the stubborn edges of my attitudes. This book tackled a lot about temperaments and inborn traits (negative and positive). If you want a happy life, read the books that will edify your soul and spirit, not the ones that will feed and tolerate the negativity of the world. This book is helping me a lot and it's amazing how everyday has a new lesson then whenever I read it, there are new insights that will strengthen me in my relationship with Cody.

Happiness is a choice. We all want to be happy. Selflessness is therapeutic and one of the many ways to attain happiness.

I am just so thankful that Cody is a selfless person. He is VERY considerate with everything that involves me. He is very loving and considerate of his family (parents and brother). We all undergo the teenage stage and we all feel something against our parents but amazing how this gracious man has been so kind to his parents. He is my role model when it comes to graciousness and humility.

FATHER, THANK YOU FOR BEING OUR FIRST LOVE! THANK YOU FOR THE GROWTH AND SPIRITUAL BREAKTHROUGH THAT CODY AND I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING WITH YOU AS THE CENTER OF OUR LIVES TOGETHER! YOU COMPLETE US!

ALL THE GLORY IN THIS RELATIONSHIP BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD!!!

P.U.S.H.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY!

No comments: