Friday, September 25, 2009

My Silver Year

When it comes to jewelries, oh how I LOVE silver. Not coz it's cheap but the elegance of it. For my eyes, that is.

25 speaks of a lot of things in my life. I am turning 25 this year on November. And obviously, Cody and I became official on the 25th of April. And we're going to get married on the 25th, if the LORD wills. Oh I'm so excited!

I have watched a new dvd I bought last week entitled "Come What May" and I watched it 5 times already. I admire the principles in that movie. One principle they've shown is not being into "dating" unless both parties are committed to marry. I'd contradict this principle before but when GOD transformed me, I've seen LOVE in a different light. I've given more importance to it. It's amazing. It never occurred to me until today. When I pondered on the very first time Cody and I talked, I admit that I was trying to search for the right man. But it is when I stopped that I knew the man I've desired all my life is already in front of me waiting. He was a very loyal friend. He never tried to get away from me. When I began to realize that, I knew then that he is the man I am going to marry. He was and is still very committed to me. He never (not even once) told me that he wants to break up with me. He is always very gentle and patient with me. Again, GOD confirmed that he has given Cody in my life to cherish forever.

I've heard in a podcast that before marriage, your relationship must be supported by family and friends. No friend or family member had contradicted our relationship. I waited for my parents to approve the visa we're planning to pursue before telling everyone else. I am very ecstatic to inform everyone that my parents officially approved the visa for me to move with Cody and Cody's parents are so excited to welcome me in their family. If the LORD wills, I am going to be married next year to the man I truly love. Well, I've already set the exact date so I just hope that GOD won't back out. hehehe! just kidding! GOD'S PERFECT WILL AND GOD'S PERFECT TIMING. Thank you for everyone who prayed. We will start the visa on October. I'm so excited!

Next is my 25th birthday. Oh yeah! My silver year! More glorious riches from GOD. Not material riches but riches in heaven that could never be bought with money. Seeing the face of my KING. Oh how wonderful! Words won't even suffice to describe the beauty my eyes will behold when I finally see my FATHER.

Last but not the least, our 17th monthsary today on the 25th of the month. Every month with my Cody is so rich with love and things of GOD that are priceless. Thank GOD!

Cody, you are my one-and-only forever. I will never cheat on you. I will always fear GOD that I may always protect you from being hurt. I will always be faithful to you. I will always serve you with all my heart. I will always submit to you because I trust your convictions that are of GOD. I trust that you will always be selfless and consider my best interests. I will always be committed to you. I will always be honest and open with you. I will always communicate with you. I will always be your teammate and partner. Thank you for your love. I know I can never ever find anyone like you. You are so perfect for me. Together we will grow in GOD's love and grace. Thank you for teaching me humility and graciousness. Thank you for being the man who doesn't seem like a "know-it-all" but you consider my convictions and everything I have to say and admire me for them. I am so humbled by your presence in my life. You are mine and I am yours. I LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH FOREVER UNTIL ETERNITY!

FATHER GOD, YOU ARE OUR FIRST LOVE. THERE IS NONE LIKE YOU. THANK YOU FOR YOUR FAITHFULNESS IN OUR RELATIONSHIP. YOU ALONE DESERVE THE GLORY IN THIS RELATIONSHIP. THANK YOU FOR THE GIFT OF OUR FUTURE MARRIAGE. THANK YOU FOR WORKING ALWAYS. TRULY, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH YOU. YOU HAVE SHOWN IT ON THE CROSS AND NOW, WE CLAIM THE VICTORY IN EVERYTHING!

No comments: